Congratulations to all of the participants of our third Cincinnati Cyclones Power Play 5K Run/Walk! Results can be found below:
Male Overall Winner: Matthew Behremsmeyer (16:21.5)
Female Overall Winner: Jen Laser (20:25.1)
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 19 5:30PM
U.S. Bank Arena
The Cincinnati Cyclones are very proud to present a unique 5K run/walk on the banks of the Ohio River that is more than just a race! Last year hundreds of participants ran alongside a zamboni through the streets of downtown Cincinnati to U.S. Bank Arena where a party and the first faceoff of the season awaited them! Register online now!
Every participant receives:
- • Technical Shirt (only guaranteed to those that register in advance)
- • Ticket to the Cincinnati Cyclones First Faceoff game (Immediately following the race!)
- • Drink/Food Tickets
- • A Special Finishers Gift (TBD)
- • Tons of SWAG from our partners
- • Cincinnati Cyclones First Faceoff game Immediately following the race
- • A portion of net proceeds to benefit the Pink Ribbon Girls!
Not a runner? Come down with your whole family for our pre-game party on the plaza complete with a Kids Zone, Twister, Food/Drinks, and much more!
Gates for OPENING NIGHT are at 6:00. Come down early for the excitement!
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2013:
4:00 Registration / Packet Pick-up at U.S. Bank Arena
5:30 Power Play 5K start (Runners & Walkers)
6:00 Doors at U.S. Bank Arena open for the Cincinnati Cyclones First Faceoff Game
7:30 Puck Drops
Registration / Packet Pick-up
Register Online HERE
• Online Registration is open through Friday, October 18 at 11:59PM
• Registration is only $30
• Registration price increases $5 on the day of the event
• All participants will be electronically timed and results will be posted on cycloneshockey.com
• Participants may register in person during the packet pick-up times below..
• All participants that register in advance online will receive a T-Shirt.
• Walk-up registrations will be able to choose from remaining inventory, but are not guaranteed a shirt. Please register in advance!
• Runners and Walkers will start at 5:30pm sharp.
• All traffic to the East Garage and Great American Ballpark Garage will remain open during the entire race.
• Additional Opening Night tickets may be purchased during the registration process for $13. If you only want to go to Opening Night you may purchase tickets via Ticketmaster.com at a later date.
• Running Strollers are permitted. No Pets.
• A bag check will be offered at the Finish Line (U.S. Bank Arena Plaza) from 4pm - 8pm on race day. Feel free to drop off your jackets, cell phones, keys, and any other personal belongings free of charge!
• A portion of net proceeds to benefit The Pink Ribbon Girls
FREE Couch 2 5K Training Group
The Tri-State Running Company is offering a free Couch To 5K Training Group every Monday and Thursday leading up to the Cincinnati Cyclones Power Play 5K Run/Walk on Saturday, October 19! Runners and walkers of all abilities are welcome to participate! Click HERE for more info.
Whether you want to run a 5K and don't know where to start or you used to run and are trying to ease back into it, we are here to help! Come train with us!
We offer a beginning program (Couch to 5K) designed to take participants through a run/walk program until they can ultimately build up to running a full 5K. The program is completely free of charge and will begin on August 19. We will meet on Mondays and Thursdays at 6:30 PM at The Theodore M. Berry International Friendship Park (East of the Montgomery Inn Boathouse in Cincinnati, OH).
Together, we will begin a 9 week training program that starts off with a mix of walking/jogging, and will eventually build you up to be able to run a full 5K . Our target race will be the Cincinnati Cyclones Power Play 5K on Saturday, October 19, 2013.
Cincy Styles Productions