Collection of Personal Information
- The Cincinnati Cyclones and their agents and representatives collect personal information in a number of circumstances. For example, when you visit cycloneshockey.com, we may collect personal information from you such as name, home address, e-mail address, age, purchase history, products used or searched for, phone number used to call customer service and credit card information for purposes such as events and contests; registrations for our newsletter, social media pages, chat rooms, bulletin boards and other public forums; shopping in the shopping area at shop.cycloneshockey.com (the "Shop"); and participation in other promotions and interactive online activities. We may collect personal information with your consent or as required or permitted by law.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- We may use your personal information such as your name, home address and e-mail address to send marketing communications to you. We may use other personal information you provide to send you particular communications that we believe will be of interest to you. While most of our fans appreciate receiving marketing communications, we respect the right of each fan to control how his or her personal information is used. If you do not want to receive marketing communications from us, you can opt out when the personal information is collected. In addition, if you are receiving marketing communications from us and wish to unsubscribe, you can do so by following the opt out instructions contained in the marketing communications you receive from us. For example, each of our marketing email messages contains an unsubscribe link that you can use to opt out of receiving marketing communications.
- We may also use aggregated, non personally identifying information collected from you when shopping at the Shop to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyze site usage, improve our content and product offerings, and generally to improve the Shop and better tailor it to meet your needs.
- We also use personal information for: maintaining records for reasonable periods, and generally managing and administering our activities; meeting legal, regulatory, insurance, security and processing requirements; and otherwise with consent or as permitted or required by law.
- The Cincinnati Cyclones Parties may otherwise disclose personal information as necessary to meet legal, regulatory, insurance, audit and security requirements, with your consent, or as permitted or required by law.
Cookies and Websites
- Web servers operated by us, and by third party service providers and advertisers, may automatically collect non-personal information about which pages you visit, as well as your IP address or domain name. We may use this information for various purposes, such as tailoring our web site content, targeting promotional messages, and assessing the amount of traffic to various parts of our web site. We may also provide this information on an aggregated, anonymous basis to our marketing partners and/or advertisers.
- We use third party analytics service providers to analyze the user experience on our websites by incorporating tracking pixels, agents or any other visitor identification technology that collects anonymous data. No personally identifiable information is ever collected from these analytics service providers. This analysis is performed using anonymous data collected from our websites.
- We have adopted reasonable security measures, appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information, against unauthorized access, disclosure, loss or destruction of personal information. These measures may include technological, physical and organizational methods of security.
Children's Privacy Statement (users under 13 years old)
- We take our responsibilities to our younger visitors seriously. It is the intention of the Cincinnati Cyclones to fully comply with the requirements of the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act and the Guidelines promulgated by the Children's Advertising Review Unit of the Better Business Bureau.
- In general, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 ("children") via the website, and we use age screening mechanisms to help prevent children from posting personal information on the website, such as in our fan chat rooms. We do not require children to register or to otherwise disclose personal information to participate in the activities in any KIDS section(s) of our website.
- From time to time, we may offer children the opportunity to enter promotions or contests. In those cases, the child will be asked only to provide an email address, as well as his or her parent's email address. Upon receipt of the information, we will send an email to the parent indicating that the child has registered, providing information on the program and giving instruction on how the parent can remove the child from the promotion or contest. We will then use the information only to notify the contest winners and their parents that they have won. We require that the winner's parent provide us with all information needed to award the prize. Information collected during the contest will not be used or stored after the contest ends, other than as needed for legal requirements in connection with the promotion. In no event will cycloneshockey.com collect any personal information from children in connection with an on-line contest or promotion other than email address and parent's email address. In no event will cycloneshockey.com use the personal information other than for purposes of awarding contest prizes.
- We may also post information on the website about other promotions or contests that are open to children but that require other personal information (such as home address) to enter. For these contests, children will be required to print a paper entry form from the website and have their parents sign and mail or fax the form to us. Children are not permitted to independently provide personal information via the website or to enter these contests online.