Free Sweaty Bands To The Next Ten 5K Registrations
August 30, 2011 | View Comments
The next TEN 5k registrations will receive a free Sweaty Band!
Join us on Saturday, October 8
at U.S. Bank Arena
The Cincinnati Cyclones are proud to present a brand new 5K run/walk on the banks of the Ohio River that is more than just a race! Your entry includes a technical shirt, drink/food tickets for after the race, a finishers commemorative cup and admission to the Cincinnati Cyclones exhibition game immediately following the race! Not a runner? Come down for the Exhibition Game* & all the festivities on the plaza outside of U.S. Bank Arena!
*Exhibition Game Admission Price is $5
Register Now: http://cyclones.cincyregister.com/5K
Your registration includes all of the following:
REGISTRATION / PACKET PICK-UP
Register Now: https://cyclones.cincyregister.com/5K
• Registration is only $30
• Registration price increases $5 on the day of the race
• Online registration is open from 6/21/11 - Wednesday 10/5/11
• All participants will be electronically timed and results will be posted on cycloneshockey.com after the race.
• Participants may register in person during the packet pick-up times below...
• Thursday, October 6: 3pm-7pm @ Bob Ronker's Running Spot (Newport ONLY)
• Friday, October 7: 11am-7pm @ Bob Ronker's Running Spot (Newport ONLY)
• Saturday, October 8 (race day): 3pm-4:45pm @ Finish Line (U.S. Bank Arena Plaza)
• Start at the Cincinnatus Statue at Sawyer Point.
• Follow the Serpentine Wall through Yeatman's Cove to the public landing.
• Head West on Mehring Way.
• Take a RIGHT on Old Broadway between GABP and U.S. Bank Arena.
• Head north into the eastern entrance to the transit center.
• Continue west inside the transit center to Elm Street.
• Turn LEFT on Central Ave and an immediate RIGHT on W Pete Rose Way.
• Continue west past Paul Brown Stadium.
• Turn LEFT on W Mehring Way.
• Follow Mehring Way East past the Banks Project.
• Turn LEFT on Main Street.
• Turn RIGHT in front of the box office at Great American Ballpark.
• Take the ramp along GABP to the finish line at the plaza between GABP and U.S. Bank Arena
• Runners will start at 5:00pm sharp. Walkers will start about 1 minute after the runners.
• Parking at Sawyer Point and surrounding lots/garages start at $4
• Additional Exhibition Game tickets may be purchased during the registration process. If you only want to go to the exhibition game you may purchase tickets via Ticketmaster.com at a later date.
• Running Strollers are permitted. No Pets.
• A bag check will be offered at the Finish Line (U.S. Bank Arena Plaza) from 3pm - 7pm on race day. Feel free to drop off your jackets, cell phones, keys, and any other personal belongings free of charge!
• Exhibition Game opponent still TBD
TWISTER'S TRAINING PLAN
Never ran a 5K before? Use this custom training plan to get ready for the race! We will be posting training videos from Beacon Orthopaedics addressing some common issues you may encounter while training for a 5K.
Download Here: http://www.cycloneshockey.com/files/Twister_5KTrain.pdf