Nick Brunker's Blog
Recapping Friday Night's Win in FLA...
March 23, 2013 | View Comments
What a big win for the Cyclones last night, not only on the scoreboard...but in the standings as well! With the victory, they clinched no worse than the 2nd seed in the Eastern Conference!
In case you missed it, here are the highlights of last night's 6-2 triumph!
While there's still work to be done, it gives the Clones a big momemtum booster as they continue their weekend in the South!
The Clones are expected to have the same lineup as last night...including Michael Houser in net. For Florida, Jesse Deckert appears to be getting another start after getting chased last night...he was the first goalie off during the Everblades' morning skate.
Here's what else is going on in the Eastern Conference tonight:
Fort Wayne Komets (32-33-3) at Elmira Jackals (37-23-7) 7:05 p.m. ET
· Fort Wayne’s Brandon Marino is tied for fourth with 71 points(20g-51a).
· Elmira’s Jordan Pietrus is tied for first with six shorthanded points (2g-4a).
· Komets are 14-1-0 when leading after one period.
· Jackals are second with 3.49 goals per game.
Wheeling Nailers (29-27-11) at Trenton Titans (28-31-8) 7:05 p.m. ET
· Wheeling’s Paul Crowder is tied for third with three shorthanded assists.
· Shane Harper leads Trenton against the Nailers with five goals and six points.
· Nailers are 17-2-3 when leading after two periods.
· Titans are tied for third on the power play at 20.8 percent (65-for-313).
Reading Royals (44-18-6) at Toledo Walleye (35-24-9) 7:05 p.m. ET
· Reading’s David Vallorani is second among rookies with 58 points (17g-41a).
· Toledo’s Willie Coetzee is fourth with 250 shots on goal.
· Royals are 30-3-4 when scoring first.
· Walleye are tied for third with five shorthanded goals against.
South Carolina Stingrays (36-25-8) at Gwinnett Gladiators (41-26-3) 7:05 p.m. ET
· Robby Dee leads South Carolina against the Gladiators with eight points (2g-6a).
· Gwinnett’s Sacha Guimond leads defensemen with 46 points (12g-34a).
· Stingrays are second with 2.42 goals-against per game.
· Gladiators are fourth with 27.51 shots-against per game.
Kalamazoo Wings (32-29-6) at Evansville IceMen (23-39-6) 7:15 p.m. CT
· Kalamazoo’s Joel Martin leads the league with 29 wins.
· Dylan Clarke leads Evansville against the K-Wings with 11 points (4g-7a).
· K-Wings are league’s least-penalized team with 12.72 penalty minutes per game.
· IceMen are third on the power play at home at 22.9 percent (30-for-131).
Here are clinching scenarios tonight...
Toledo can clinch a berth in the Kelly Cup Playoffs on Saturday if:
- Toledo wins OR Toledo loses in overtime/shootout OR Kalamazoo loses
Florida can clinch a berth in the Kelly Cup Playoffs on Saturday if:
- Florida wins OR Florida loses in overtime/shootout OR Kalamazoo loses
Greenville can clinch a berth in the Kelly Cup Playoffs on Saturday if:
- Kalamazoo loses
Gwinnett can clinch the South Division title on Saturday if:
- Gwinnett wins AND Florida loses in regulation